Multi-rotor unmanned aerial vehicles, which not so long ago were used only by the military and scientists, have firmly entered our modern life. Drones deliver food and shopping, help put out fires, take part in races and competitions, shoot video reports and simply allow you to have fun spending time with friends. Check the simple drone setting-up guide in the article below.
Drone as an Integral Part of Technical Progress
Technical progress does not stand still, and already small robots (drones) are becoming indispensable assistants of man in many areas of his life. For those unfamiliar with the term, drones are small unmanned aerial vehicles with multiple propellers that operate by remote control. Drones have long since left the realm of fiction and have proven themselves well in the service of the military and the police. The use of drones for private and commercial purposes has started relatively recently, but we can already talk about the great interest of buyers.
Drones are an important part of the life of their owners because every time we go on an exciting air journey together with a winged friend. However, it is equally important to know how to properly control the copter in order to avoid unforeseen situations. If you have just purchased a drone, then we are happy to congratulate you on your purchase! If you are just planning to buy it, then we still recommend that you read our drone settings guide because sooner or later, this knowledge will come in handy.
Your Guide to Setting Up a Drone
Before you take off on your first flight, you need to get to know your drone well to avoid collisions and loss of control of the aircraft during use. Moreover, you take responsibility for the safety of yourself, those around you, and your drone. Drone control can be tricky. Keep in mind that airspeed and light conditions affect the ability of the aircraft to recognize and avoid obstacles. Do not rely entirely on the obstacle avoidance function.
If you want to know how to set up a drone, check the following steps:
- Download the application for the desired model of the drone (as a rule, it is described in the instructions for the
quadcopter drone setup).
- Start the Quad and activate Wi-Fi on it.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the mobile phone/tablet and connect it to the “network” of the drone. To do this, you need to connect to the network, which will be called as the model of the connected drone. For example, “DJI Mavic” or “Xiaomi FIMI.”
- Go to the application on the phone and, with the help of the step-by-step actions specified in it, control the flying device.
The main recommendation for setting up a drone is to carefully study the instructions and view all the videos available on the network related to your model. Not all manufacturers meticulously describe the important moments of preparation for piloting, especially for Chinese models.
Common Drone Errors and Issues Fix
If you are experiencing problems with drone setting up, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the problems.
- To connect your Propel drone to the controller, make sure the controller and the drone are turned on and close to each other. Check that the controller is in pairing mode and that the drone’s LED lights are flashing rapidly. Once the lights on both devices stabilize, you should be able to control the drone with the controller.
- The drone is not responding to the controller – check the batteries on both the drone and the controller. Make sure they are fully charged and inserted correctly. If the problem persists, try resetting both the drone and the controller.
- The drone is not showing up on WiFi – make sure both the drone and the mobile device you are using to control it are connected to the same WiFi network. If they are, try resetting the drone’s WiFi connection and restarting the mobile device.
- The Drone won’t calibrate – ensure that it is on a flat surface and that there is no wind or other disturbances around it. Follow the calibration instructions provided in the drone’s user manual. For example, for the Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing drone, you need to place the drone on a flat surface and turn on the controller. Then, move the left joystick down and up to pair the drone with the controller. After that, move the left joystick up and down to calibrate the drone’s gyroscope. Finally, move the right joystick up and down to calibrate the drone’s accelerometer.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix common issues with your Propel drone and get back to flying it in no time.